If you want to start blogging as a video professional, this article will give you some keys to help you write catchy and engaging articles that will generate traffic to your website.
The first notions of "content marketing" appeared in 1895, when John Deere, a supplier of agricultural equipment, launched "The Furrow" magazine, which aimed to provide farmers with advice on how to improve their performance.
Content marketing is one of the pillars of Inbound marketing, a strategy increasingly adopted by organizations. Indeed, according to a study conducted by the Content Marketing Institute (CMI), 91% of BtoB companies had adopted this recent form of marketing in 2018.
Content marketing aims to create and publish valuable content in order to interact with an audience and develop a company's visibility and referencing on search engines and social networks. Unlike traditional advertising, which is perceived by consumers as too intrusive, this neo-marketing attracts the attention of qualified prospects by writing content around which a community of people can be formed on topics that interest them.
Nowadays, there are several channels and media through which companies can generate attractive content, including white papers, webinars, case studies, e-books, videos and blogs, each of which is important depending on the type of audience, company's activity and several other criteria.
The distribution of these different channels according to the CMI study is as follows
@credit CMI 1
Nevertheless, our article focuses only on one type of content today: the blog. With a 66% share, the blog is in the top 5 of the content favored by companies (ex aequo with computer graphics).
What's so special about it? Why do companies post blog articles?
This is what we will explain in the next few lines after briefly defining what it is.
A blog is defined as a personal page that allows a person or company to give their opinion on a catchy topic with the optional possibility of letting readers comment on blog articles. It thus facilitates two-way exchanges between bloggers and readers.
Some reasons to write blog articles:
The digital context in which the organizations of our century are operating is pushing companies to integrate a "blog" tab directly into their corporate site for several reasons, including the following:
- Gain visibility through SEO (natural referencing) thanks to a regular publication of blog articles.
- Maintain and strengthen your relationships with your customers through frequent information exchange.
- Offer your customers a complementary and value-added service.
- Position yourself as an expert in your field and gain reference status.
- Enable consumers to make their choices on decisive elements during the purchasing process.
- 77% of Internet users read blog articles and 68.5% think that a blog adds credibility to a site.
- Companies who use a blog receive 97% extra- links to their website.
Factors to consider when writing a blog:
Before moving on to the steps of writing a blog, you should consider some important factors.
- Know who you're writing to. Determining and knowing your target audience will help you to adapt not only your style but also the themes you will address in your blog.
- Use bullets and lists that make reading more enjoyable, easier to digest.
- Use statistics, computer graphics, graphs to support the veracity of your statements, and increase the credibility of the article.
- Choose the right keywords for your SEO.
- Use linking, put important words or sentences in bold to optimize readability.
- Avoid large blocks and favour small blocks with a reasonable spacing between them.
- A little more obvious, but still important to remember: include the notion LCS (like, comment & share), to facilitate the interactivity and organic virality of your blog.
The essential steps for writing an engaging blog article:
Step 1: Brainstorm all ideas related to the topic of your blog and choose the most catchy themes. You can set publication deadlines for each theme.
Step 2: Once the theme has been chosen, make a benchmark, an information monitoring that will help you write your blog. Don't forget to check your sources, Internet is an ocean containing a diversity of species that are good for consumption and others that are less so. Keep only the best!
Step 3: Write a draft of your article. Now it is time to structure your article in a coherent way. Just put the important most points, including sources, images and quotes related to these main ideas.
Step 4: Write your article, then review it thoroughly. Read and read again. Remove any typos that may be present: there is nothing more unpleasant than reading a text full of language mistakes. Make sure that the structure is consistent and that your article is easy to read.
Step 5: Your article is ready; you can publish it on your website. After publishing on your company blog, you can share your article and promote it on your various social networks, in your newsletters to get as many people as possible to read your article. Feel free to call for discussion in your posts to keep the article alive and create links with your customer or potential customer readers.
How to write an article when you are in the video industry?
The video sector, as shown in the graphs above, is a promising sector for the future. The number of users is increasing from year to year and significant growth is still expected in the coming years.
Video consumers are turning more to VOD and OTT at the expense of linear television when it comes to watching a TV programme and industry players have understood this well as we are witnessing an increased emergence of competitors on the web.
In fact, the number of online video distribution and streaming platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime and the traditional channels that are switching to VOD is constantly increasing.
In view of these striking facts, it is in the interest of video industry players to look to content marketing and blogging to attract more subscribers, build customer loyalty and provide them with a service that will distinguish them and go beyond simple video content. The time is ripe for differentiation and affirmation as an expert and a privileged choice for Internet users.
As a VOD platform that offers films and series and other entertainment content or as an e-learning platform, the editorial boards are the same. Nevertheless, you can adapt the topics according to your activity, with always in mind the audience to whom you are addressing.
- A VOD platform, for example, can publish content on new films or series, shoots, news about actors and directors, but also on more technical subjects related to the sector, etc.
- An e-learning platform, on the other hand, can address topics such as new methodologies, training, new laws related to education, events related to the subject of training, etc.
- If you are a thematic streaming platform, for example football, it is possible to write articles on: current tournaments, new players, courts under construction, the season's progress, etc.
In short, if you follow the above recommendations and show patience (bloggers need a lot of patience), you are sure to be the king of content marketing and position yourself as a leader in the video industry.
If you liked this article and would like more content of this type, do not hesitate to contact us by clicking here.
If it has helped you, don't keep it to yourself and share it!